Sunday, July 26, 2009

The things that happen to you in a hospital !

Evening gals and guys!! I am sitting her grateful for my life and mostly grateful for the people that my higher power has put into my path. A very different situation happened today that makes me sad and makes me happy at the same time. While I was at work I took a few minutes to go upstairs to see one of my friends that does payroll her names Kelly. Anyway we had a great conversation and I had to get back to work. I work in the hospital on Behavioral Health. I got into the elevator and then started back to the unit. The elevator stopped on the next floor and a gentleman got in. I looked over at him and he just looked so alone and so scared. I asked him how he was and he ran over to me and hug me and cried. His mom was very sick and they did not give her much time. My heart went out to him. It felt like he was so relieved to have gotten all that out so when the elevator stopped he just looked at me and said thank you so much for being there. I was sad for him. I was reflecting back to when my mom was ill and when she passed! So that was my day. Hope yours was okay too.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Misty said...

That's sad. I is good that you were there to lend an ear to someone who needed it.

Arlene said...

Thanks misty. It was very sad and brought back a lot of memories.

Photobucket

My Blog List