Friday, December 18, 2009

Winter Storm Watch


Gosh I am sitting here worried to death about driving in the snow to work and a few thoughts are coming to me. I can remember when I was in the 4th grade and it was snowing and blowing snow and my mom got me ready for school. Yep I can never remember school closing for snow. Anyway back to the story.....I was all ready for the bus...went to the end of the road.......yes I had boots......and here came the bus......I could barley see it for the blowing snow.......yeah......I was so cold and freezing.........and.....................the bus passed me by. Yep the driver could not see me. I ran back tot he house and my mom let me stay home. Can you see that happening now a days? No? Me either. So my job that pays me says you have to make an effort to get to work or you get wrote up...I do work in a hospital. So we will see what happens between now and 8am as to weither I go to work or come down with a cold. LOL!! Don't tell anyone now!!! I promise if I stay home I will get some great snow shots!! And of couorse that handsome young man above this post, "Jo" wants me to stay home with him!!

2 comments:

Callie Brady said...

That's a great scary snow story. Glad the bus didn't run over you. I used to let my kids stay home when the weather was stormy. The school didn't like it, but I wasn't going to drive those mountain roads with trees and mudslides on the roads.

Cheryl said...

Don't have to worry about snow here, every thing shuts down at the 9th flake. Schools close at the 3rd flake.

Please be safe, could you catch a ride with someone?

Photobucket

My Blog List